Song Continues To Be Used In Viral Videos
- Call Me Maybe lip dubs gor viral
- Harvard’s video sparks challengers to make their own
- Dolphins cheerleaders and even President Obama lip dubbed
“Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen is continuing to be a video making lip dub phenomenon on the internet. From college teams to celebrities like Katy Perry and James Franco, videos continue to pop up getting millions of views. We decided to see where and how this all started, so we went to Know Your Meme.
Original Music Video:
It started with a lip dub by Justin Bieber, Selena Gomez, and Ashley Tisdale. After this several other videos were made and then it lost some steam until its resurgence with college sports teams making videos on the road. The men’s baseball team at Harvard made one that’s gained about 12.5 million views which garnered challengers from other schools to make their videos.
More recently, the Miami Dolphins cheerleaders made one and there’s even been one made with President Obama.
Call Me Maybe with the Miami Dolphins Cheerleaders:
Call Me Maybe with President Obama:
Will there be more videos made…? Maybe. Who are we kidding? Most likely.
- Top 5 Viral Topics
- Song Continues To Be Used In Viral Videos
- Viral Lip Dub Marriage Proposal
- Leap: No Keyboard Or Mouse, Just Hands
- Living Art With Jellyfish and Moss
- 3D Printers: Rise Of The Printer
- Big Gay News Week
- We’re Not Smart Enough
- Between Two Ferns Broadcast Premiere
- Cinco De Mayo & Supermoon